This light-eyed actor has not only been enchanting us with her beauty but has also been an inspiration of strength to us. We caught up with her find out her beauty secrets that keep her looking flawless.
1. What’s your daily skincare regime?
L’Oréal Paris Skin perfect for your forties takes care of all my skin needs in this decade and provides a worry free regime. It’s packed with Pro Retinol A which smoothes wrinkles and rejuvenates my skin.
I also consider my diet choices a part of my skin care regime. I start my day with a green smoothie packed with antioxidants and keep well hydrated throughout the day. I try to substitute hot water and lemon for coffee and tea.
And regular facials, rest and sun protection rounds out my routine.
2. What are your major skin concerns at 40?
Obviously a degree of wrinkles and skin imperfections is not only expected but should be embraced as part of ones individuality. However, I want to be the best version of myself in my 40s so minimising wrinkles, battling dryness and increasing elasticity and plumpness of my skin are the main areas of concern.
3. What’s your favourite skincare product and why?
L’Oréal Paris Skin Perfect has put in the research and done the work to ensure I’m getting the best regime for my decade.
4. Who are your skin experts – dermatologist/trainer/dietician – who help you maintain your skin health?
I visit Dr Jamuna Pai in Mumbai but I consider my naturopath, my yoga teacher and my nutritionist as part of my skincare team.
5. Since you travel a lot could you share with us some tips on how to land with a glow after a long haul flight?
I follow a couple of rules whenever I’m travelling.
i) Avoid alcohol and heavy food on a flight.
ii) Stay well hydrated- drink double what you normally would. I try to squeeze some lemon in my water.
iii) I keep applying skin and hand cream every hour and try to sleep on long haul flights.
iv) Sometimes when I know I need to spring into action on landing I apply a cold wet towel on my face every hour as well.
6. When it comes to makeup, what kind of a look do you prefer?
I prefer smokey eyes and neutral lips, or just lots of lashes and minimal makeup. I feel dewy and fresh is better in my 40s than heavy caked on makeup.
7. Who is your beauty icon?
I admire Audrey Hepburn, Sophia Lauren and my mom. Indian women in general are feminine and elegant.
8. When do you think is the ideal time to start your skincare?
The earlier, the better. Keep your skincare regime simple but starting in your 30s is a must, even if it’s making sure you apply sun protection.
9. Is there any beauty mistake that you wish you hadn’t done?
Not using sun protection in my 20s! I was a sun worshipper and even got hospitalised once for sun burn.
10. What’s your idea of a perfect “beauty day” or “day of beauty”?
Start with yoga, lots of hot water, green veggies, juices and a day at the spa – massage is also an important therapy in maintaining the health of your skin.