There are gorgeous body scrubs available in the market. But why not stir up some equally delicious ones at home?
- Sweet Coffee Scrub Other than energising your mind coffee can energise your body as well. When used as a scrub it can help reduce cellulite as well. Sugar acts as an hydrating exfoliator getting rid of dead skin cells and simultaneously attracts moisture due to its humectants nature. Honey and olive oil both moisturise the skin giving its softness back. Take 4 tablespoons of coffee grounds, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 6 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil/coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of honey. Mix all and massage the scrub over wet body for about 1-2 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water and apply moisturiser.
- Banana Sugar Scrub Mash 1 ripe banana till no lump remains. Add 3 tablespoons granulated sugar & ¼ teaspoon essential oil (for fragrance). Mix all three to form thick paste. Massage the scrub on body for few minutes and wash with lukewarm water and apply moisturiser. Sugar exfoliates the skin and banana softens skin.
- Sea Salt Scrub Take ½ cup sea salt and ½ cup honey mix them well. Massage the scrub on wet body for few minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water and see the results. Sea salt acts as an exfoliator removing dead skin cells. And honey gives nourishment to the skin. You can add 2 drops of lemon oil to add a zing to the punch.
- Olive Oil Scrub Take 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 teaspoon of sweet almond oil, ½ cup brown sugar and few drops of lavender essential oil. Mix all ingredients and if quantity is more store in an airtight container to be used in 2 weeks. Massage the scrub on wet body for few minutes rinsing it off with lukewarm water. It is best to try this scrub after a typically stressful day. The lavender oil helps slough away stress and tiredness.
- Salt & Sugar scrub Take ½ cup sea salt, ½ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup olive oil and few drops of rose essential oil. Mix them well and massage the scrub over body for few minutes. Wash with lukewarm water and apply moisturiser. Salt and sugar both are exfoliators and olive oil locks the moisture in the skin.