The season of mangoes is almost over. However, before the last fruits make their way out here is a quick spunky snack that you can relish on a rainy day.
Known as the king of fruits, mango is loaded with vitamins A, B, B6 and C, healthy probiotic fibre, copper, potassium and magnesium. Moreover, it is an instant mood lifter. Skip the samosa and pakodas and try this mango chilli toast instead.
– Take a multi-grain bread and toast the slices, sprinkling little olive oil.
– Slice the mangoes and place them on the toasts.
– Sprinkle red chilli flakes, white sesame seeds, oregano and kosher salt on the top.
On a dark cloudy day have this with a cup of lemon and tulsi tea.
Benefits of mangoes:
– Enriched with vitamin A and beta-carotene it proves to be ideal for repairing, restoring and rejuvenating your skin, whether you ingest it or apply it as a face pack.
– It has been scientifically proved that this fruit is an amazing anti-ager. It retards the ageing process, reducing appearance of fine lines, pigmentation and wrinkles. It also fights against the free radicals that trigger the ageing signs.
– How many of us know that mango can be an excellent cleanser for the skin? Yes it can. It helps unclog the pores which further result in blackheads and breakouts. You can apply mango slices on your face for 10-15 minutes or add it to your diet, it is going benefit you in the same way.
– The tasty treat acts as a perfect conditioner for your hair making it manageable and soft in texture. Just mix 2 tbsp mango pulp, 1 tbsp yoghurt and 2 egg yolks, apply on the hair and leave for about 30 minutes and rinse off.
– Being a great source of fatty acids, vitamins and minerals, mango seed oil prevents premature graying of hair and hair loss.
– Vitamin A rich mango promotes good eyesight, treats dry eyes and also prevents night blindness.
– The combination of high levels of fibre, pectin and vitamin C that the fruit contains helps in keeping the cholesterol levels in control.
– Infused with vitamins A, C and 25 different kinds of carotenoids, intake of mango keeps your immune system humming.
– The probiotic fibres, vitamins and minerals help in digestion and its enzymes help in breaking down protein.