Following yogic postures regularly ensures healthy, strong mind and body. Kati Chakra asana, helps maintain a slender waist and good health.
Kati means waist and chakra means wheel. It literally means rotation of the waist – it stretches the waist, making it more flexible and lean. Our spine’s health is related to the rest of the major systems that are near it, in the torso and the skull. A sedentary lifestyle can make the spine progressively stiff. Thus, regular activity or exercise is important to strengthen and improve the flexibility of the spine. Include this asana in your daily fitness regime to ensure spinal health.
– Stand straight with feet apart.
– Keep right palm on left side of the chest.
– Take your left hand behind and keep it on your lower back.
– Turn to the left side, twisting your torso.
– Do this with other side as well with left hand on right chest and turning to the right.
– Inhale while standing and exhale while twisting.
– Repeat this asana a few times for both sides.
– Eases lower back pain and strengthens the abdominal muscles, shoulders, neck and arms.
– Strengthens the uterus and treats Likoria.
– Keeps gastric troubles and constipation at bay.
– Reduces cholesterol.
– Calms down your body and brings a glow to your face.
– Regular practice helps in reducing abdominal fat.
Word of caution: While twisting avoid moving your body with a jerk. In the beginning, it is advised to be done under the supervision of a yoga instructor. Pregnant women and people with slip disc or who have undergone an abdominal surgery should avoid practising this.
Expert consulted: Neelu Yogini