Here are some homemade makeup products that are fun to make and as good as their store-bought counterparts.
- EYE SHADOW
You can make your own eye shadow using 2 simple ingredients – arrowroot powder and shea butter.
– The colouring agents that you can use can be natural, for instance turmeric for yellow, cocoa powder for brown and beetroot powder for pink.
– Add ½ tsp of arrowroot powder in a bowl, add the coloring agent and mix till you get the colour you desire.
– Add the shea butter in the bowl and mix till you get a creamy textured eye shadow.
Why go out to buy your lipsticks when you can make them easily by yourself?
– Melt cocoa butter with beeswax in a container. As a colouring agent, use food colouring and add it to the melted mixture.
– Leave it to set at room temperature and apply with your finger or a brush once set!
– Take ¼ cup of rice bran powder and mix in ¼ tsp of either cocoa powder to get the desired colour tone.
– Apply using a brush as required.
- MASCARA & EYELINER
Rock that winged eyeliner and spider lashes with your very own DIY mascara-eyeliner liquid.
– Directly burn 10-15 pellets of camphor in a metal container and cover with a metal plate.
– When the camphor has burnt and cooled, scrape off the black area from the back of the metal plate into a bowl. Add almond oil to this and mix till you get a semi-thick consistency. You can also add lavender oil to this mixture as it helps in growing the eyelashes.
– Wear this during the day or night? Doesn’t matter, does it?
– To make your own organic blush at home, mix 2 tbsp of beetroot powder with 1 tbsp of arrowroot powder depending on how dark or light you want the colour.
– Add a drop of lavender oil to this and use it whenever you like.