The live bacteria, probiotics, which occurs in certain foods, can do a lot more than simply maintaining a healthy gut.
The thought of bacteria in any aspect isn’t very pleasant. It is considered as the cause of most of your health problems. So the idea of adding one such bacterium in your diet won’t be appreciated. But all the benefits that it has might change the way you think. Probiotics are live healthy microorganisms that when consumed help in fighting infection, resolving digestive issues and improving the immune system.
Here’s why you should include them to your daily diet:
- Scientific research shows that the consumption of probiotic foods can solve the digestive problems to an extent where no further treatment is needed. They help in dealing with irritable bowel syndrome, gas, diarrhoea and more.
- Strengthening of the immune system is another major benefit provided by these friendly bacteria. If you fall sick easily then chances are that you have a weak immune system. Its intake provides a kick to the immune system and helps your body defend against illness.
- Fighting yeast infection is a job well done by probiotics. Yeast infection is caused by the presence of harmful bacteria. This one being a beneficial bacterium overpowers the bad bacteria and frees the body from infection.
- An unhealthy diet and hormonal imbalances cause skin conditions such as rashes, eczema, skin allergies and acne. Adding probiotic supplements to the diet helps balancing the hormonal levels and defends the body against several such skin issues.
- Bloating and weight gain due to unhealthy foods and harmful bacteria is another common problem you may face. This healthy bacteria helps in maintaining the body weight and also keeps it in check.
There are many different types of probiotics available. It is important to know which one suits you the best, consulting a doctor for this is necessary. It can be consumed either in the form of food such as yogurt, different kinds of cheese, milk or as supplements such as tablets, capsules or liquids. But before you start on one read the label carefully; check the ingredients, the genus, species and the number of organisms present. You should also take a note of the expiration dates and FDA approval.
Even though probiotics have rich benefits, they come with mild side effects. In the case of serious illnesses or aggravated health problems it is not advisable to rely completely on it. Therefore, it is important to follow your doctor’s instructions.