Your skin is the reflection of the state your body is in. The glow or radiance on your skin defines your mental and physical well-being.
A tired, dull, wrinkled skin reflects how age is setting in the body. And pimples, blemishes, scars and spots are a clear indication of the toxins present in the body and the body’s inability to cope with them. Yogi Ashwini details certain techniques for a specific skin condition called ‘acne’.
Reasons for the skin condition
Primarily the dhatus which affect the skin are rasa dhatu and rakta dhatu, the lymphatic system and blood. Apart from them, medas or the fat/oil content in the body in a state of imbalance blocks the pores and causes the skin to show signs of severe congestion. In this matter the digestive system is also responsible for not being able to expel the waste and toxins from the body properly.
To enable your digestive system to function with efficiency and throw the toxins away, switch to organic. Most of the time our body is struggling to fight the effects of toxins present in the foods that we eat and what we put on our skin and is hardly able to function in a state of normalcy because of these reasons, with environmental pollution adding to the misery.
Tips to help you deal with the skin condition:
– Drinking warm water with a year old honey and lemon juice regularly in the morning flushes the system of pollutants and is effective in removing excess fat/medas internally and from the skin as well.
– A very effective way of cleansing the blood/rakta dhatu is consumption of fresh organic juices, besides good amounts of pure clean water. Orange, beetroot, carrot and amla juice is extremely nourishing to the skin and improves the quality of blood which also reflects on your skin. A concoction made with Amaltas (Cassia Senna) pulp and tamarind pulp also purifies the blood and improves skin’s health.
– Methi (fenugreek) is very effective in cleansing the lymphatic system, or the rasa dhatu, which is the drainage system of your body. Soak a tsp of fenugreek seeds overnight in a glass of mineral water. Next morning drink the water and chew the seeds. You will notice glossy hair and glowing skin with receding fat or excess sebum in a few weeks of this treatment.
– Topically applying organic raw honey proves to be an excellent treatment for acne, pimples and blemishes. Add a pinch of organic turmeric and lemon juice to it, and apply this paste every day. This can help you achieve a healthy, glowing skin free from signs of ageing.
– Since ancient times immemorial volcanic clays with their naturally occurring mineral content are being used as remedies for various skin ailments. Combination of aromatic essential oils is also highly effective in treating acne and other skin problems. Use of floral and herbal extracts has helped millions who have resorted to natural alternatives to help them get off their medications and bulking up the body with neuro and hormonal toxins to fight conditions of acne effectively without the side effects.
Foods to avoid
– Milk and milk products – they contain traces of antibiotics and steroids fed to cows to yield more milk.
– Anything fried, refined sugar, peanuts, peanut butter, red meat.
Foods to include
– Strawberries, grapes, oats, whole grains, lemons, honey, green tea, rooibos tea, yoghurt. Anything that is organic.
In addition to these remedies, it is extremely important to harmonise the body and its various layers through yogic kriyas like Sanatan Kriya for maximum benefits.
Yogi Ashwini is the Guiding Light of Dhyan Foundation and an authority on the Vedic Sciences.