Follow these simple face massage steps to relax your senses and reveal beautiful skin.
A facial massage is a pleasant and relaxing experience and helps you tune into a tranquil mode. Not only does it de-stress and calm your nerves, it also helps in tightening skin tissues, giving it a more youthful appearance and the increased blood circulation due to the movements help to improve the complexion of the skin.
A facial massage once a week can do wonders for your skin, that is, if you know the right strokes. Apart from rejuvenating your mind and getting you closer to having the supple, radiant skin you have always dreamed of, it has various other benefits. From removing dead skin cells to reducing he excess oil on the face, a massage can do it all. It is of course advised to get a face massage done once every week but for most of us it is often impossible. But would you do it if you could achieve the same results and relaxation in your own home? With the following steps you can indulge and pamper your to an invigorating DIY face massage every fortnight from the comfort of your favourite chair in your home. Why not become the specialist yourself?
Start by cleansing the face thoroughly to make sure there’s no residual makeup and dirt by using a good makeup remover suited for your skin type. This step is important because it ensures that the skin is clean and dirt-free because you do not want it to spread and infuse into the skin and cause breakouts. Now take a generous amount of a mild exfoliator and scrub your entire face, paying special attention to the nose and chin area. Make sure to use a mild exfoliator to avoid over exfoliation of the face that might end up causing dryness and patchiness.
Now that your skin is ready for a face massage, just follow these simple steps:
1. Take some of the cream and place it in your palms and rub them together till the cream becomes a little warm. This not only makes massaging easy but the skin soaks in the moisturising goodness better.
2. Begin with the chin area and make your way up, applying the cream throughout the face. Once the cream has been spread all over the face, you can begin with the actual massage. Using both your hands, gently massage your face in upward and outward direction. It is important to always maintain the upward stroke since it helps to lift the skin. A downward movement can cause the skin to sag, making you look older.
3. Go to the area in the middle of your upper lip, massage and stretch down till your lips make a sad face.
4. Once you are done with that, place your fingers near the nose area and massage your cheeks all the way to the ears.
5. After the cheeks, it’s time to relax the eyes. Keep your fingers around the eyes and stretch the corner of both your eyes in the upwards direction.
6. Close both your eyelids with the thumb and make an clockwise round stroke very gently. Continue this movement for each eye for 3-5 seconds. You can infact isolate this stroke and use it on a day to day basis to relax your eyes after a long days work. It will instantly boost you up. If you get confused about the strokes at any point then refer to the image and you’re good to go!
By the time you are finished doing the process, the cream will have been absorbed into the skin, leaving it soft and supple. Take a wet tissue to dab off the extra cream from your face. Conclude the ritual with a mask of your choice.