Our love for lipsticks seems unending and today on World Lipstick Day we put together 10 best lippies of all times.
It has been rightly said that, “There is no such thing as having too many lipsticks”. None of us can get enough of lipsticks. There is always something new for you to add to your makeup kits, from nudes to deep and vibrant reds, and from matte to glossy. It’s a product that accentuates our overall appearance and helps us put the best pout forward.
These 10 classics shades are must-haves which you need to stock up for all seasons and reasons.
1) M.A.C Lipstick in Ruby Woo: This matte bluish-red has to be first in the list as this one’s not just my favourite but the fierce shade has made place in kitties of all those who have been in love with reds. If you have never tried a bold colour like this then let this be your first one and trust me it will be your companion forever and you wouldn’t shy wearing such colours in future.
2) Chanel Coco Rouge in Dimitri: Chanel Coco Rouge lipstick was supposedly Coco Chanel’s favourite and therefore a must have for every lipstick lover. The lipstick is not only hydrating due to presence of three vegetable waxes – mimosa, jojoba and sunflower – it also lasts long. And why this shade? Then, “red” is the answer.
3) Nars The Multiple Orgasm: How could we miss this iconic innovation of Francois Nars. The brand is known for manufacturing various multi-tasking beauty products and this one is perhaps one of their best innovations till date. This creamy multi-purpose stick gives your eyes, cheeks, lips and body a sheer warm shimmery pink colour. If not anything, it’s the saucy name that should invite you to possess this beauty.
4) Rouge Dior in 999 Celebrity Red: Another red that we love from a classic range Rouge Dior which came into existence way back in 1953. The thing that you would love about this bright shade is that it can be worn by women of all complexions. So what are you waiting for go for it! And never say you couldn’t find the perfect red. It exists. Just go get it.
5) Tom Ford in Nude Vanille: When bright and deep shades find a place in your handbags a nude shade should also be there. This one gives your lips a creamy-pink texture, that’s just there. So subtle, so sexy. And just because it’s a nude shade that doesn’t means you have to dab it more just a single swipe is enough.
6) Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture in Prune Avenue: An eye-catching plum shade perfect for evenings. Even if you are not in a mood to wear makeup just a swipe on this deep shade and you are good to take on the night.
7) Givenchy Le Rouge in Rose Perfecto: This bright pink colour is ideal to perk up not just your look but even your mood. I would love to pair it with an LBD. A single stroke of Le Rouge contours your lips beautifully giving them a smooth texture that lasts for long.
8) Shiseido Lacquer Rouge in RD404: The best thing about this lacquer is the high pigmented glossy pink look that it gives to your pout. The applicator makes it even better ending the need of a brush.
9) Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color in Cosmic Raspberry: This poppy pink colour has been fascinating me ever since I had seen it with my friend. This long lasting and moisturising shade gets you noticed. The entire Rich Color range is intense but lightweight.
10) Lancome L’Absolu Rouge Lipstick in Rubus Exquis: Last but not the least L’Absolu Rouge is enriched with a replenishing molecule Pro-Xylane that retains suppleness of your pout. It keeps your lips hydrated for 8 long hours and also has SPF12 to protect from sun.