Cracked heel is generally considered to be a winter woe but it’s a perennial problem for many. Consistent TLC is the only solution to this.
While a good foot cream is essential, it will be an added comfort if you treat your pedis to some of these delicacies.
1. Banana Paste Take a ripe banana mash it to make a paste. Apply this paste on clean feet and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash your feet with lukewarm water and after drying it apply thick cream or moisturiser.
2. Sugar Scrub Sugar is an excellent exfoliator for skin it removes the dead skin cells when used as a scrub. Take some sugar and mix with olive oil or coconut or jojoba oil. Start rubbing the mix on the feet. After 10 minutes wash off the mix and pat dry.
3. Papaya & Lemon Juice Papaya is also good for making the skin smooth. Mash a papaya with adequate amount of lemon juice making it into a thick paste. Apply this paste to cracked heels, leave it for 30 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
4. Glycerine & Rose Water Soak your feet in a tub of warm water with glycerine, salt, lemon juice and rose water for about 15-20 minutes. Take the feet out and gently rub the heels and sides with a pumice stone. The dead cells will fall off easily. After this apply the paste made of mixing 1 teaspoon undiluted glycerine, 1 teaspoon of rose water and 1 teaspoon lemon juice on the cracked heels. Tuck your feet into a pair of cotton socks and leave it overnight.
5. Paraffin Wax Heat up some paraffin wax with mustard oil/coconut oil and keep heating till the mixture melts. Apply the mix on the heels and leave it overnight covered with pair of socks. Wash off in the morning.
6. Petroleum Jelly & Lemon Juice Mix 1 teaspoon of petroleum jelly with one teaspoon of lemon juice. Use this to massage the heels till it gets absorbed. Wear socks and leave it for a few hours. Rinse off with warm water and apply moisturiser.
7. Rice, Honey & Apple Cider Vinegar Mix 2-3 tablespoon of ground rice with 2 teaspoons of honey, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar. First soak the feet in warm water for about 10-15 minutes and then use this paste as a scrub and wash off.
8. Sesame Oil Massage cracked heels with sesame oil and cover with socks and leave it overnight wake up to soft, smooth feet.