Most important yet ignored step while doing our makeup is the use of primer.
As the name suggests, primer is the primary product which one should use after cleaning, toning and moisturising the face and before applying the foundation. It is essential for all skin types. Without applying this it becomes difficult to achieve desired result of makeup.
Various benefits of using primer includes-
- Protecting your skin from makeup products by forming a layer between the foundation and skin. It prevents foundation to seek into your skin.
- Application of liquid foundation can make even smallest pore visible. So application of primer helps in reducing the enlarged pores and achieving smooth blended foundation application.
- It helps the makeup to stay long.
- However, it is important to choose your primer correctly, gel-based in case of oily skin to prevent face from becoming oily and cream-based, hydrating primer in case of dry skin to give ample moisture to face which helps in smooth application of products.
- Primer can also be used individually without using any base just to give a clear and even look.
For the application all you need is a small drop of primer and apply on the t-zone and blend outwards towards your face.
Some of the recommended primers-
Colorbar Perfect Match Primer – Suits both oily and dry skin. Pocket friendly. Little goes long way.
L’oreal Paris Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer – Provides even surface and reduces appearance of pores and fine lines.
Kryolan Ultra Underbase – Enhances the durability of makeup.
Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base – Perfect base which provides hydration without making the skin greasy.
M.A.C Prep + Prime Fix – Lightweight mist form primer that refreshes the skin and gives an effortless finish to the makeup.