These sweet-savory nuts aren’t just the main flavouring agent in your favorite bread spreads and coffee. They are magic ingredients to keep you healthy and youthful.
FOR A HEALTHY BODY
– For those aiming to fight fat, roasted hazelnuts can serve as a perfect snack. Remember, they are low in cholesterol and hence, good for the heart.
– Consumption of these fibre-packed kernels on a regular basis helps maintain proper digestion.
– These super nuts are loaded with vitamin B6, which helps in the proper functioning of the amino acids. This further helps in strengthening the nervous system.
FOR YOUR HAIR AND SKIN
– Hazelnuts are rich antioxidants and blessed with vitamins A,C and E that help reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
– A scrub made with them is moisturising and can be used to treat acne and soothe sensitive skin. Mix together 1 tablespoon crushed and roasted hazelnuts with 1/2 teaspoon coffee powder, 1/2 teaspoon sugar and coconut oil. Apply, leave on for 10-15 minutes and wash off with cold water.
– Hazelnut oil is non greasy and absorbs easily into the skin and scalp. This is why it serves as an excellent moisturiser for every season.
– You can also add 2 tablespoons of finely powdered hazelnuts to 2 eggs and beat well. Apply this mixture on your dry scalp and hair. Wash off after 20 minutes with lukewarm water and a good shampoo.
IN YOUR DIET
Incorporating these nutritious nuts in your diet can be your start to getting a healthy body. Here’s one recipe with beans, chicken and hazelnuts.
– Beans are a powerhouse of minerals, vitamins and nutrients like magnesium and manganese.
– Chicken is rich in protein and also helps in losing weight.
Green beans with chicken and hazelnuts:
Heat 1 tsp of oil in a large pan. Add 1 minced onion and cook till brown. Add in 450 grams green beans and stir for 2-3 minutes. Add ½ cup water, cover and cook, stirring occasionally till desired tenderness. Remove from heat and stir in 2 slices of cooked and crumbled chicken and 2 tbsp of chopped and toasted hazelnuts. Add salt to taste.
So what are you waiting for? Go, reap the benefits of hazelnuts!