Still unaware of the makeup mistakes you might be doing? Let’s figure out some common blunders and how to fix them right.
Makeup lovers like keeping themselves in sync with trends. However, wrong execution of the colours, textures and products can lead to a serious faux pas. Here we will analyse five common mistakes and their solutions.
– Overdoing Brows – Eye brows are an essential feature of the face as it can instantly change the appearance of a person. However, if it is not done correctly the whole look goes for a toss. Shading brows way too dark or picking a wrong colour for filling the brows can sometimes go awry.
Tip : Always choose eyebrow powder or gel over pencil. Application of the same on eyebrows should be dark on the ends and light on the front. For black colour brows you should pick grey colour and for brown colour brows go for light to medium brown.
– Mismatched Base – Another mistake generally done while applying makeup is choosing wrong shade of foundation. Either the shade chosen is too light thereby creating ashy complexion or it doesn’t match the skin tone.
Tip: At the time of choosing base, it is advisable to go under sunlight and apply it near the jawline to get accurate shade of foundation.
– Only Eyeliner – Colour eyeliners look ravishing on eyes. However, only wearing a bright-hued liner without balancing out with lipstick can look jarring. Not only it gives incomplete look but it also brings unnecessary attention on eyes.
Tip: Whenever applying eyeliner, make sure to complete it by dressing the lips if nothing else.
– Bad Blush – Now a days colours available in blushes are quite natural and easily blendable. But in spite of this few get it right when it comes to application of the product. A heavy blotch on cheeks is the quickest way of undoing a pretty face.
Tip: To get the colour on your cheeks just right, the sides of the cheeks near the hair-line should be intense and gets paler on apple of the cheeks. Therefore, when you are applying the blush start from the hairline swirl it gently and then move in upwards and outwards strokes. Dust some compact over the cheeks at the end to reduce the intensity of the blush.
– Darker Lipliner – Just for the records, this was a trend like a decade or two ago, so please let’s drop it right now. It’s just not acceptable. Sorry.
Tip: Please use the same colour liner and lip shade. After lining the lips with liner, fill the lips with same and then apply the lipstick over it. The purpose of lip liner is to give perfect shape to the lips – and just that.
Now let’s put this in practice. Cheers!