Should flaxseed be a part of your daily diet? Here’s what the wonder food can do.
Flaxseeds are available in two variants – brown and golden, and are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids. Due to high nutrient content of protein, fiber, vitamin B6 and iron, they are considered as one of the world’s most nutrient-dense foods. Here’s why you should consider having them now.
– Flaxseeds have extremely high quotients of both, soluble and insoluble fiber, which can support colon detoxification, fat loss and reduce sugar cravings.
– Due to presence of Alpha-Linolenic Acid, flaxseed helps boost skin and hair texture by providing essential fats as well as B-vitamins, which can help reduce dryness. ALA is an omega-3 fatty acid, which is necessary for health but cannot be produced by human body. It can only be acquired through diet.
– All the gym goers will love it, as flaxseeds can easily take care of their daily requirement of quality protein.
– By improving insulin sensitivity, hence stabilizing blood sugar level, these seeds also help in controlling diabetes.
– Since they have the ability to regulate the production of sebum, they can prevent the onset of acne to a great extent.
Ways through which you can incorporate flaxseed in your daily diet are:
– You can munch a handful of them as a snack.
– Once grounded into a fine powder, flaxseeds can be added in the dough for making rotis, cookies and breads.
– You can even consume them with yogurt.
So, what are you waiting for?