Diwali is here and here are some easy, last minute makeup tips to notch up your glam quotient within a few minutes.
Our mantra for the day is very simple. Just keep it traditional and you won’t go wrong. What you can do is mix up elements of various Indian traditions. For inspiration, our Founder/Director Jhelum Biswas Bose suggests a couple of styling tips – “One, pair a bright, brocade blouse in hues of peacock blue, purple, yellow, red or fuchsia with an off-white Kerala saree with a gold border. And two, add on some shell bangles with your glass bangles.” As for makeup here are some of the key points to remember:
1) Eyeliner and Kohl – Apply kohl and eyeliner. This will not only accentuate your eyes but will also give Indian touch to your makeup. Even if you do nothing else to your eyes, the kohl-lined lids will create the required drama. We recommend NaturStudio All-Day-Wear Kohl Kajal, Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Gel Eye Liner and Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner in True Black
2) Shimmer Eyeshadow – It’s this one festival, where it’s fine if your eyes look like flashbulbs. Go for the glitter, glam, shine and shimmer. Apply M.A.C Cream Colour Base in Shell and use Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow in Champagne over it.
3) Mascara – Thick, super thick, lashes are in trend these days. You can either use false eyelashes by Ardell Natural Strip Lashes in 105 Black or you can go for L’Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes Mascara to get the effect of the falsies.
4) Highlighter – Using highlighter on the forehead, cheekbose, nose, cupid’s bow and under-lip is a must as it will give an instant glow to your face. Try PAC Baked Highlighter in 01, 02 or 07 or M.A.C Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish Highlighter.
5) Bold Lips – Complete your look with dark, bold lip colours. We recommend shades like reds, pinks and wines for the festive season. M.A.C Ruby Woo tops our list as it is suitable for every skin tone. You can also use Clinique Pop Lacquer Lip Colour + Primer in shade Go-Go Pop.
Complete the look with bindi, bangles, dangling earrings and a lavish spritz of Jhelum Loves Flambe or Fanaa perfumes.