Festivities are all about fun, food and frolic, and to make it larger we hosted the #MeriDiwali Giveaway contest.
Spreading the joy, the contest gave chance to our followers on Instagram to win a mega hamper with eight different beauty essentials from brands like Calvin Klein, Revlon, Ananda, L’Oreal, Jhelum Loves and Lakme. The participants were asked to share what Diwali means to them with the hashtag #MeriDiwali. The contest ran for 10 days and there were more than 40 contestants sharing over 200 posts. It was a difficult choice for us but the quote that won our hearts was Jaaisra Faisal Merchant, “I love the festive mood in the air every autumn during Diwali. It’s my favorite time of year and a great excuse to spend more time with my family. For me, Diwali is a holiday of joy; it’s the time when we gather with loved ones, celebrate our family, friends and the prosperity God has bestowed upon us. Diwali signifies the triumph of good over evil, of righteousness over treachery, of truth over falsehood, of light over darkness and knowledge over ignorance. My family has a few traditions that make Diwali that much more special to us. We decorate our home with candles, let off fireworks because I loves sparklers. We do this because we know that all the lights of Diwali symbolize the personal relationship between God and our family. My heart is full of love and joy at this time each year!”
The hamper that Jaaisra won included the following products:
– CK One Summer: A bright, energetic and fresh fragrance, which plays lime, citron and cucumber at the top creating a feeling of the crisp air with an icy zing of freshness. The heart is spicy with pepper, white pepper and saffron. The dry down comprises of guaiac wood and musk accords.
– Lakme Absolute Argan Oil Serum Foundation: A serum foundation, infused with nourishing argan oil, not only acts as a perfect base but also bestows skincare benefits. It has SPF45 that protects from the harmful UV rays and the oil conditions and moisturises the skin all through the day.
– Jhelum Loves Popstar Acne Spot Treatment: Not everyone is blessed with a flawless skin and acne is a common problem faced by not just teenagers but adult as well. Popstar, with tea tree and lavender essential oil, is an effective and gentle concoction that treats acne in a short period of time without making the skin around dry. It is apt for all ages. You just need to clean your face with a mild face wash and apply directly to the affected areas.
– Lakme Absolute Luxe Matte Lip Color With Argan Oil: Recently introduced a matte lipstick with nourishment of argan oil, a potent ingredient that can make a difference. It glides on easily and keeps the pout smooth and soft.
– Isadora Ultra Matt Liquid Lipstick: With its trendy, intense matt-look this liquid lippie is non-transferrable and stays put all day. It combines lightness of gloss and rich pigmentation of lipstick.
– Ananda Calming Wild Rose Bath Salt & Scrub: Containing pure essential oil of wild rose and natural sea salts the scrub stimulates the skin, lymphatic and circulatory systems, removes dead skin allowing it to breathe again. The stress relieving properties of wild rose help to uplift and calm the mind. Before bath, blend a table spoon of this scrub with any body oil and apply it all over your body (except face) in an upward, circular movement. Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat the skin dry.
– L’Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil: Enriched with argan and apricot oils, this blend is a new, improved version of Rich Oil – a favourite among hairdressers and consumers. A must-have finishing product for a gentle blow-drying routine and secures long-lasting anti-frizz action. It is also perfect for a pre-wash scalp massage.
– Revlon Ultra HD Gel Lip Color: A perfect companion for your evening dates and daily office look. The high-definition, gel-based lippie gives a tint to your pout and infused with hyaluronic acid keeps it hydrated as well.