A pedi is much more than just an indulgence, a pamper session with right ingredients can give you several benefits. Here’re few easy steps to reap them.
Pretty and well-groomed toes always add to your look but that’s not all a pedicure does for your feet. The benefits include releasing stress, improving feet health, stimulating blood circulation, preventing ingrown toenails and removing foot odour. Here’s a quick guide to giving yourself a simple and easy DIY pedi therapy.
1) TRIM & SHAPE: Start with trimming your nails and shaping them with a file. Remove nail polish if applied. While you trim the nails just keep in mind to cut them straight and not to cut the corners too deep or else you would be left with ingrown toenails.
2) SOAK: The best and most relaxing part of the procedure is soaking your feet in warm water. You can add some soap or cleanser along with essential oils, bath salts and flowers petals to the soak to make it fragrant. Keep them soaked for about 15-20 minutes and relax. We love using Jhelum Loves Soap-A-Natural Body Wash for the same because it cleanses and soothes the feet with its aromatic oils.
3) CUTICLE CARE: After the soak bath wash off the soap with clean water. Dry your feet, apply some cuticle cream on the toe nails (we believe in treating our feet the way we treat our face and therefore we like using Jhelum Loves Divinity Face Cream to soften the cuticles).
4) SCRUB: Next apply a scrub of your choice to exfoliate dead skin cells and for deeper cleansing. Try Jhelum Loves Smoothtalker Face Scrub. Infused with coffee, sugar and orange essential oil, this scrub is a treat for your senses.
5) MASSAGE: Once you have washed off the scrub and cuticle cream, it’s time for a moisturising massage. Take a generous portion of Jhelum Loves Essence Body Oil, apply on your feet and start massaging your feet in long and upward strokes starting from toes to ankles/heels to calf muscles and finally till the knees. Continue for 5 minutes and then wrap a warm towel around your feet and relax.
6) PAINT & PAMPER: Finish it off with a coat of your favourite nail colour and a fragrant foot mist. Try Jhelum Loves Footloose Feet Spray.
*PS: “Sip on some nice herbal tea while you are indulging yourself with this therapy. You can add a few drops of Olive Bach Flower Remedy for complete relaxation and rejuvenation,” says Jhelum Biswas Bose, BFRP.
Click here to buy the above mentioned Jhelum Loves Bach Flower & Aroma Remedies.