Known to create wonders for the skin vitamin E comes with a caution sign. Read on to know more.
Vitamin E is an anti-oxidant, which proves to be extremely beneficial for the skin and hair. This benefiting nutrient is naturally found in several food products, nuts, seeds and green leafy vegetables. Being a major fat soluble vitamin it is an important nutrient for the body.
How should we take vitamin E?
Readily available in form of supplements at every pharmacy store, this vitamin needs to be consumed in a correct amount. If it is prescribed by your doctor, then consume only the quantity which is recommended. Also it works best when consumed with food. So, make sure you consume it right after you have taken your meal. Store the supplements at room temperature.
Risk factors with vitamin E
Vitamin E just like other vitamin supplements also comes with its own share of risks and issues. In case you have missed on any dose, then consume it as soon as you remember it. Also, don’t try to make up for it by having an extra dose. An overdose may lead to serious symptoms like – nausea, headache, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea, tiredness or low vision.
Side effects of vitamin E
Vitamin E when consumed or applied in excess can cause serious issues with your skin and hair. Few of them are listed below –
- Red and itchy skin – Excessive consumption of the nutrient can result in red and itchy skin and thus it might not be suitable for your body.
- Breakouts – This vitamin has extreme high content of oil in it, which can cause breakouts on your skin. People with oily skin should avoid using it.
- Itchy scalp – Too much of vitamin E used on the scalp can lead to an itchiness. So while you are taking care of your hair loss just be cautious about the right quantity that can be applied topically. Don’t go overboard.
The good side of vitamin E
Vitamin E if used in right amount and with care, then it can have immense benefits on your body. When it comes to skin and hair this nourishing nutrient proves to be a superfood. Here’s a low down on as to what all it can do.
- Pigmentation – In case you are suffering from serious pigmentation, uneven complexion or dark spots, then apply vitamin E oil on your face for effective results.
- Strong and shiny strands – Dull and fragile hair is a common problem nowadays. Mix vitamin E oil with your regular hair oil to achieve tresses that are lustrous and strong.
- Glow – Bring back the glow in no time with regular usage of vitamin E oil on your face.
You can find vitamin E in
The fat soluble nutrient is found in number of food products. Other than this the best supplement of vitamin E is Evion capsules which are easily available at any pharmacy store.
Vitamin E is extremely effective for your skin and hair but we need to use it with caution. In order to consume it in any form, you must double check with your doctor. Pregnant women should not consume it orally. And if you are suffering from any kinds of heart issues, then also you need to stay away from this particular vitamin.