BEAUTY BENEFITS OF THE CULINARY HERB, BASIL
Sipped this wonder ingredient in your morning teas or added it to your pasta recipe? Read on to find out how this powerhouse herb can help in your beauty regime.
The culinary herb is believed to be a great digestive. The leaves infused with Eugenol help in balancing the acids within the body and maintaining pH levels. No doubt they make way to several of our cuisines. But its benefits are not just limited to ingesting it. Following are a few points that explain why and how we can add this ingredient to our daily lives other than food.
– Having anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties makes basil an excellent treatment for acne. The topical application of the leaves or its oil can reduce breakouts. It can also help in decreasing excessive production of sebum. The anti-inflammatory properties of this power ingredient minimise the inflammation and curbs the pain.
– Rich in vitamin C the versatile herb improves skin cells metabolism and keeps the collagen intact. Also infused with water-soluble flavonoid antioxidants it fights the free radical damage proving to be a perfect anti-ager for the skin. A youthful complexion can be a result of applying this herb.
– The ‘king of herbs’ helps in boosting the hair regrowth as well. It increases the blood circulation which further promotes hair growth. Massaging coconut oil infused with crushed basil leaves or adding a few drops of the essential oil in your shampoo can keep your crowning glory from falling.
– Chewing the leaves detoxifies the blood, keeping the skin healthy and flawless. The antioxidants help in strengthening the immune system as well.
Few simple tricks to add this ingredient in your life during the lockdown:
– Crush basil leaves and freeze them in ice cubes. You can use them in these summer months to cool your skin.
– Take 2 tsps. aloe gel and 2 tsps. water and 5-8 basil leaves crushed, mix them all. Apply this mask for 10-15 minutes to moisturise and tone your skin.
– Tomato Basil soup:
a) Take 6-7 tomatoes peeled and diced in a deep pan, add a little water and place it on medium heat for 30 minutes. Remove it from heat and puree the mix along with 10-12 basil leaves and return it back to the pan.
b) Cover the pan again on medium heat and add 1 cup fresh cream and ½ cup butter. Season with salt and pepper. Keep on heating, stirring until the butter is melted.
c) Garnish it with basil leaves and serve hot.
– You may also add crushed basil leaves to your diffuser oil to cleanse the aura.
(Visited 114 times, 1 visits today)